keskiviikko 24. heinäkuuta 2013

Vi kommer alltid ha Paris - We will always have Paris !

27/5/2013 - 31/5/2013

Well what can I say. It's an amazing city. And I think 45 million tourists every year are a good proof of that. It's one of the most popular tourist destinations and I could recognise it. In Marseille I heard hardly English. But in Paris. Immediately when I arrived to the city I heard girls next to me speaking English with a strong American accent. Perhaps they were doing the famous "Euro-trip" and trying to find love from the most romantic city in the world. Which Paris truly is. There are bridges full of lovers' locks, lovers sitting in the park and flower shops in every corner. There is romance everywhere ! The city itself is beautiful: it is full of more and more beautiful buildings and tremendous monuments which are reminding from the history and the glorious days when there were still kings and queens. I'm not saying democracy is not good and the glorious days are over. I think it's good that the tax payers make sure that the money is not spent for making a statue of king's dog (probably there really isn't but I just want you get the point) but some monuments just makes me gasping. And I also think why we don't have those in Finland?
Salut Paris !

Lovers ..

Beautiful river Seine

.. and some more lovers
I don't unfortunately remember the walls name - but amazing !



Vive la revolution !
 I think what is great in the city is that you really don't need to worry where you will stay. I stayed in four different places and from allt hose places it was easy to go anywhere with the metro system. Places I can recommend are Aloha hostel and Le Montclair Hostel. Aloha is within walking distance of Eiffel Tower, Boulevard Montparnasse and many other sights. Le Montclair is situated in Montmartre which is bohemian and artistic subvision in Paris. There you can climb to see the city from Sacre-Coeur or go and see Moulin Rouge. (And then visit Aussie bar where the bartenders offer free drinks, be aware !) Actually Moulin Rouge was little disappointment from outside. The mill looked like a plastic cup. Or then I just were disappointed as Ewan McGregor wasn't there singing to me and promising to love me forever. Ha.



View from Sacre-Coeur
Moulin Rouge

Paris is full of things to do and I would love tell about them all but here are pictures of my favorites and places which are must-see.

Jardin de Luxembourg





Cathedral Notre Dame de Paris






Ponte des Arts


Eiffel tower

Champs Elysee


In the end I have to tell you what the other French people like Parisians. I don't have huge range of answers but here are some things which repeated every time I asked: Parisians are busy, arrogant, not helpful and they think they are better than others. When again the people from Marseille are thought laughing, relaxed and slow. People from North are laughing and little bit simple (I wonder what this means?). It was interesting to notice that at least the difference between the pace was true. In Paris people are running and they don't have time to chat but in Marseille .. People are walking and taking slow. Also the hospitality is way better in Marseille than in Paris. Of course there are always exceptions and I'm just generalizing. But I noticed the difference. Luckily tourist has all the time and I didn't need to rush. As still Paris is the best place just to wonder around and get lost in the city. Which you should definitely do - it's full of secrets and the best way to find them is to get lost.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti